Feedback from the recent October 2019 meditation Course
This course has been conducted continuously for the last 16 years.
Feedback from the last 3 years is recorded below.
Feedback from the last 3 years is recorded below.
Feedback from the October 2019 course
The most beneficial thing this course gave me was the determination and discipline to apply meditation to my daily routine. I am very inspired learning about the many positives of meditation and different ways it can develop and strengthen my mind Janice, accountant East Melbourne.
I found this course to be extremely beneficial. I am calmer. I have found a place of peace away from my pain. Raylene. primary teacher Greensborough.
Very positive and uplifting. Lots of useful tips not a “one size fits all”. I will encourage other people to attend. Joanne, accountant Mount Waverley
A course full of many options, encouragement and follow-through weekly. Also, in great depth. It has made a difference to my life. Diane, artist Seaford
The course is amazing. I have always had an interest and curiosity about meditation, and this course has paved the way for me to build meditation into my lifestyle. The teachers are amazing, humorous and very knowledgeable. I recommend this course to anyone that wants the benefits that meditation can bring. I have noticed improvement in my energy stress and pain. Anna, manager Hillside
Hugely helpful course. Jeddda
This course help me form a daily discipline and a practice my fatigue improved significantly. Lynn, retired Box Hill
I found the course to be beneficial and have already noticed improvements in my sleep, stress and energy levels. I have noticed a benefit already in my everyday disposition Nikki, stylist Black Rock
I found the cause to be very helpful in dealing with my pain.
My first cause ever and I really enjoyed it I have better energy and control over stress. Julia, carer Malvern
I’d never thought of meditating but by completing this because it is open my mind and thinking about meditation I have more energy, improve sleep and less pain. Liem, construction Box Hill South
I have learned how to relax and calm my anxiety in stressful situations I also found I am sleeping better Dakota, retail worker Carrum Downs
I found the educational materials, articles, videos to be very useful. I’ve meditated every day since the cause began and feel more relaxed, focused and empathetic. I’ve been meaning to do this because for many years and am so glad that I’ve finally done it. Martin,IT manager Hawthorn
I found the cause very powerful I felt really inspired to continue and noticed a difference in my everyday function. My sleep is improved. I have less pain Georgia, lawyer Richmond
I came into this because knowing that I had to change something to reduce the chaos, stress and hopefully pain that I have been dealing with. Meditation has never come easy to me. Through the course I discovered many different ways to meditate and found one method extremely useful. I’ve committed myself to the daily practice and look forward to seeing the change from longer term practice. Already I’ve noticed improvements in sleep stress and energy levels. Jessica, analyst Mernda
I was very sceptical coming into the course but have been very pleasantly surprised by the experience. I will really miss attending the weekly sessions and hope to do it again next year. My pain is more manageable. I like the variety of techniques taught. The course is taught in a light-hearted way that is enjoyable. My sleep and pain have improved. Jenny dietician Bentleigh
I found this course to be extremely beneficial. By week three I couldn’t believe the relaxed feeling I was experiencing. Pauline, IT consultant Brighton
I came into this course knowing that I had to change something to reduce the chaos, stress and hopefully pain that I’ve been dealing with. Meditation has never come easy to me, in fact slowing down doesn’t! Through the course I discovered many different ways to meditate and found one method extremely useful. I’ve committed myself to daily practice and look forward to seeing the change from longer term practice. Already my sleep, stress and energy levels have improved. Jessica analyst Mernda
Feedback from the May 2019 course
I have found the course invaluable. The course content was new and well structured. The weekly summaries were great motivators. The additional reading links/videos and links to further expand my understanding of meditation was useful. The spirit and warm welcoming environment also put me at ease. Thank you for offering self-enabling solutions pain management.
Judy – editor, Clayton
This course was extremely beneficial. I found that my energy levels are higher. There has been a significant change in my sleep quality, pain and stress.
Nora – café owner Brighton
It’s been a breakthrough for me as I see improvement in my neck movements and it really does help manage my pain.
Kaye – retired, Fitzroy
Anxiety has plagued me my whole life. Finally I found in the piece. I’m so grateful.
Robyn – administration Burwood
I have more energy and my brain fog is less prominent.
Mardi – mother, Clayton
I have had chronic pain for 10 years. This course has helped me with pain management and stress. I feel I am on a new path.
Chelsea – bookkeeper, Werribee
This course has changed my life. Not only have I got back daily functionality, I have got “me” back. I laugh so much again, beforehand laughing was painful, and I was simply too exhausted to care.
Chris – retired, Clifton Hill
This course has given me the discipline to practice regularly.
John – analyst, Prahran
Overall I have found the course extremely beneficial with decreasing my pain. I’m happy with the results I’m getting every day.
Natalie – secretary, Mentone
This course was extremely beneficial for my chronic fatigue. I can now get through my day without crashing. My mood and attitude towards my illness have changed and my pain levels of gone from 9 to 3. My anxiety and stress has reduced and overall I am a lot happier and healthier.
Cascia- student, Hampton
Feedback from the Feb 2019 course
I found the structure of meditation taught in the course was the most useful part assisting me to make meditation a habit. I have now embedded meditation into my morning routine and have noticed already a significant reduction in my pain.
It is now easier to de stress by becoming mindful and using the reading practices that were skilfully taught.
I achieved a massive breakthrough in pain relief. There is a reduction in the length and intensity of pain. Pain still occurs every day but I have tools to diminish it. My stress around this issue is significantly reduced.
Christine Clifton Hill
This course has simplified and unpacked the perceived complexity of meditation. To be in a room of like-minded people was reassuring and inspiring.. I’m grateful for the masterful teachings.
I have now learned the true value of looking inside oneself and finding the source of pain in order to be healthy. I still have a long way to go but I’ve taken my first steps.
Naomi: student, St Kilda
The ideas and facilitation in this course were fabulous and eye-opening. At times my spirit was touched. The sense of community energising and comforting.
The course was a revelation. It made me more aware of my thoughts and gives me a greater sense of calmness.
Vincent: manager ,Carnegie
In five weeks I feel more confident less stressed and happy. A weight has been lifted!
Kent: child entertainer Box Hill
I have had experience with guided meditation before, but now feel like I have a new toolbox allows me to be able to meditate silently. I have also really enjoy trying all different types of meditation to see what works or doesn’t work for me.
Tracy: manager, Chadstone
I have rated this pain as 10/10. I found that my pain has decreased significantly over the five weeks of the course and constantly find my pain disappears while I meditate. Thank you to all the teachers.
Natasha: analyst Carlton
I did not believe brain plasticity was possible but now I know it is -to my great surprise and indeed delight. I feel confident and positive. My sleep has improved, I have significantly less pain and stress and my energy has picked up.
Heather: retired teacher, St Kilda
Doing this course with my husband has helped us achieve a better connection. I am calmer and sleeping better. My pain is significantly reduced.
Lina public: servant Carnegie
I have recently had some life changing health challenges and this causes help me to cope and to stay positive.
Scarlet: consultant Prahran
I loved everything about this course. This is my third time. This time it was the most beneficial.
Andrea: mother, Canterbury
I rate this causes 10/10. I found it validating, empowering, nurturing, enlightening, educational, I’m sleeping better my pain is less and I have less stress.
Merrill: teacher, Mulgrave
Feedback from the Nov 2018 course
Simple and practical
I enjoyed the way the course focused on embedding meditation as part of your daily routine. I like the simple practical steps and information provided.
Joan lawyer Brunswick
Having never practised meditation I found the course to be a phenomenal introduction it has equipped me with all the tools to make meditation a part of my life and has made me realise how important it is for a healthy and fulfilling life. It has given me the strength to accept my chronic illness and empowered me to take control of it and manage it as opposed to it controlling me. I’ve been teaching the principles and techniques to my family and friends so they can all experience the benefits as well.
Rachel, lawyer, Parkville
This course has been extremely beneficial. I feel inspired to continue my meditation journey.
Tracy personal assistant Bentleigh
As a result of this course, I am calmer, I can deal with “stuff” better. My pain is now manageable. I am going to do the course a second time. I loved it.
Tammy retired South Yarra
It took me a long time to get around to doing the course and I’m very pleased to have finally participated. I enjoyed it immensely.
Irene legal assistant St Kilda
It really lifted my mood and my energy.
Judy, teacher, Caulfield
I came with an open mind and in suspense not knowing what to expect. The calmness achieved during meditation is helping me in a highly stressful and challenging job.
Ardel sales assistant Springvale
This course changed my life. I gain control of my body and my mind. I learnt the value of taking care of the most important organ of the body and that all else falls into place. There has been a significant improvement in my pain stress and energy levels. I rate the course 10 out of 10.
Tanya business owner Prahran
About the course
I really like the scientific explanation behind meditation and how it affects the brain and body. I also like how the course offered various different techniques to achieve a meditative state.
Maria retired St Albans
I’ve done meditation training before but this time things have really clicked for me. The course distils the key elements of meditation into simple components and makes the practice sustainable. I generally look forward to my daily meditation and more so how I feel afterwards
Eden IT solutions architect Melbourne
This course finally taught me how to make meditation a habit. All the numerous strategies and techniques that were taught to prepare the mind and body to look forward to and to gain maximally from meditation were taught in a simple and progressive way.
The communication and email support between each of the sessions was very informative and kept me practising daily. The education about meditation inducing neuroplasticity in the brain has put the science behind the practice.
Amanda business owner Moorabbin,
Meditating in the group was a very positive experience. At the end of this course, I’m aware of an incredible difference in my outlook on life and stress management
Anne-Marie physiotherapist St Kilda
Feedback from the May 2018 course
I am off narcotics
- During this course, I came off narcotic medication after being on it for 15 years. There has been a significant reduction in my pain. I have become more relaxed and organised. This course was an extremely beneficial experience after being a bit sceptical. These last couple of weeks have been amazing. Nicole, teacher, Oakleigh
- I am managing 10 minutes each morning; I will increase it to 15 minutes now. I found, in the beginning, the set time went slowly, now it’s over before I realise. I look forward to my personal peace. From my morning’s meditation, this peace and pain levels are controlled longer into the day. Ken, Sales, South Yarra
- I’m enjoying this course a lot more second time, it’s all falling into place and making a lot more sense. I really got a lot out of Daniel’s session last week. I’m beginning to find a rhythm with my meditation and I’m no longer afraid of the quietness /stillness it brings. Jo
- One of the main things I have noticed is that my facial muscles and jaw are able to relax during meditation with has improved my breathing during meditation. Carmen
- My sleep, stress and energy is better. I have increased my motivation to meditate significantly, without listening to an App. Many thanks for the fantastic opportunity to have participated in the More Than Meditation course. I loved it! Lina, mother, Richmond
- Educational, practical, joyful and something that I will integrate into my life. Julie, social worker, Brunswick
- My sleep has significantly improved. Janita, nurse, Richmond
- This course is giving me skills to improve the quality of my life. My sleep is better as is my stress and there has been a significant change in my energy levels. Chantelle, psychologist, Carlton
- This course was excellent. I’m able to be more accepting of my pain and have found that meditation has also helped me with grief. Marnie, retired, Brighton
- As a result of this course I have increased my meditation discipline and now meditate twice-daily, Cathy, real estate agent, MalvernAnxiety
- 11 loses I rate this course 10/ 10. My anxiety has reduced and the breathing techniques taught have been wonderful. I have learnt to switch off in stressful situations. It has already made a big difference to my stress and energy levels. Geoff, real estate agent, Stonington
- I’ve done previous courses on meditation but found this course particularly beneficial in helping me create a daily meditation practice. It helps me regulate my emotions and reduce my stress. Learning about the science of meditation was particularly inspiring. Michelle, singer, Brighton
- I do not know how the anxiety got to this level but I am thankful that you recommended the meditation course because meditating and the breathing is the only time I feel calm, relaxed, at peace.ing feeling. I meditate every day now, sometimes twice a day or whenever I feel the anxiety coming on. Diane retired Hawthorn
- As a result of this course, I’ve learned to regulate my emotions and pain without medication. Tanya, architect, Prahran
- I would highly recommend meditation for anyone struggling with anything in their life. It’s amazing! The power of the mind! Kate, analyst, Mornington
- The simple structure of the course and the step-by-step approach has made meditation easier to integrate into my life. Jan, talent agent, South Yarra
- It was very helpful beginning my meditation journey learning in a group. The group energy made it easier to reach a quiet conscious state. Tanya, student, Southbank
- I cannot go back to not meditating. This experience has been so helpful I want to continue due doing meditation daily. Bill and Daniel are fantastic leaders in how they guided us through meditation techniques. Lina, South Yarra, librarian
Feedback from the February 2018 course
About the course
- This course has allowed me to take the phone guided apps training wheels off and allow me to meditate myself. I’ve noticed in doing so I have become calmer this easily frustrated and stressed.
- An engaging, yet gentle course, full of useful information and encouragement to develop personal meditation. During the course, my pain has significantly improved. Sally: architect: Coburg
- I now meditate, I didn’t think I could and I didn’t think I’d be interested. I do now! So far sleep stress and energy levels are all improved. Darren: Marina manager: Caulfield
- I appreciate the diverse strategies taught in this course which I can now draw on to sustain my practice. Susie: executive coach: Caulfield
- The course created a most accepting and welcoming environment that is open my mind and practice. I’m grateful for the subtle changes that I know have the power to grow. Laura:Teacher: Glenroy
- This course has taught me that meditation can be done anywhere anytime. It’s not about the absence of thoughts, rather, the observation of them. Thank you for your stories and information. This course has brought an understanding of meditation to life. Anonymous
- An amazing experience over five weeks. I have grown in my understanding of meditation and began to implement a pattern of meditating daily. I’m sensing changes in my body mind and soul. Thank you. Karen: primary school teacher: Essendon
- I rate this course is 10 out of 10. This course is for everyone. Thank you for helping me open my mind, eyes and heart to a great lifetime skill. Cassie: sales: South Melbourne.
- Eye-opening, positive direction when hope fades. Inspirational tools for life. Victor
- This course is 10 out of 10. I’ve now felt the power of group meditation. The information that was delivered has been worth its weight in gold. Thank you, I’m a meditator now. Jemima: kindergarten teacher: Footscray
- This is the fifth time I’ve done this course over a 10 year period. I continue to learn new techniques or skills highly recommended: Sue: sales rep: St Kilda:
- I feel calmer and more level-headed already and can see meditation helping with my pain management and anxiety. A very worthwhile course. My sleep quality, pain, stress and energy levels have all improved substantially. Leyka : mother: Kew
- I have never been able to sit upright and still for more than a few seconds at a time, I’m really enjoying being able to do that for a few minutes now. Nikki: radiographer: Elwood
- I’m now sleeping through the night. Debbie: manager: Melton South
- I began this course at a very challenging time in my life. I’ve been dealing with chronic illness and complex family issues for the past three years. I’ve been amazed at how much of a difference meditation practices made me despite all the turmoil. Nicole: executive assistant: Brunswick
- I am so grateful that I can now sleep well. This course was very welcoming. Cindy: manager: Ferntree Gully
- Just sending a quick email to say thank you for the (3rd) session last night, I had had the roughest week that I had had in a long time and wasn’t that keen on getting there as I was so exhausted. I am so glad I was there! The guided mediation we did where we were laying on beach going into the brain was AMAZING and honestly gave me so relief which was unbelievable after a week or running away from it! Cassie.
- I rate this course is 10 out of 10. It has helped me to be calmer and assisted me with pain management. It has given me new insight into my mind and sense of self. My pain is 75% improved as is my stress and energy levels. Tammy: retired teacher: South Yarra
- The pain sessions in this meditation course were particularly helpful. Kate
- I commence this course the pain management but have noticed differences in my productivity and stress levels and my pain sensitivity is less. Nicole: nurse: Baxter
- This course has helped me in managing my chronic pain. My sleep, pain, stress and energy levels are substantially improved. Anonymous
- I highly recommend this course to anyone who is looking to improve every aspect of their life-whatever that looks like for them. My pain and sleep quality have improved and I feel less stress. Marita: retired: Bendigo
- The best thing about this course me was learning that detachment from one’s thoughts is an act of compassion. Meditation allows for actual growth and change. There has been a significant reduction in my pain. Elka: philosophy tutor: Northcote
Feedback from the October 2017 course:
Many thanks for this amazing course, it is going to set me up for some very good practices and great tool for me to use in the future to deal with whatever life throws at me.
I am just feeling blessed that I have found at last a place and people who understand the complexities of chronic pain, stress, depression, anxiety and on going complex emotional problems, rather than just treating all the individual problems and not looking at the overall picture.
This course has been so enriching. So much more than I expected. I realise that it is a lifetime of practice and learning. Thank you for your expertise.
I have been fairly diligent with the meditation. Been wanting to try to incorporate meditation into my life for many years but never been able to find the correct way forward. In this course, I have found what I was looking for and even in this short time I can already see the benefits.
Igor. Medical Practitioner
Meditation stress and anxiety
This course has been life changing. I now have a practice which is already providing me with a means to manage my anxiety and stress.
Marinella. Mental Health Worker
I rate this course as 10 out of 10. My experience in attending this course has been extremely positive. I have learned how to calm my mind and body.
The rewards are significant. Thank you. I will miss our sessions.
Bill is a fantastic teacher. I really enjoyed coming to each session.
Lauren cafe owner
I loved the comprehensive aspects of the course like mindfulness and self compassion, pain and neuroplasticity of the brain. The group meditations were uplifting. My pain is much less.
Feedback from the March 2017 Course
Thank you Daniel, Bill, Kati and Bev, I am really grateful for all you have contributed to helping me really change my life. It has taken a while – however I am calm – more confident, much less anxious. Meditation helps. The quite time is healing. My sleep, pain, stress and energy have all significantly changed in a positive direction.
Patricia Confoy Retired Publisher Brighton
This was an excellent course. I finally feel like I’m heading down the right path for my health! I wish the course went on for longer, and might even repeat the
course. My sleep, pain, stress and energy levels have all improved substantially.
Tracy personal assistant Bentleigh
I never really understood meditation or how to go about it or where to start and this course definitely answered all those questions for me. It has given me insight into meditation and ways for it to help with everyday life as well is assisting with my condition to help relieve the burden on my body and mind. With practice and getting into a routine, I can see meditation being very positive for my life. So far sleep, stress, and my energy levels are much improved. My pain is unchanged.
Jessica nurse Hoppers Crossing
I found the course stimulating and encouraging in establishing an ongoing routine. I enjoyed the humour and the friendly positive approach I have noticed a significant change in my pain, stress and energy levels.
This is the third time I’m doing this course and I have found that I can finally meditate for at least 15 to 20 minutes without thoughts coming into my head. It has also made me more compassionate and tolerant of people.
Nora mother and carer Brighton
In this course there were so many useful techniques, quotes, scientific background supporting this life changing practice. I will be recommending this course to others. Thanks, you have seriously changed my life.
Jason engineer South Yarra
Unfortunately, I had surgery one week into the course and missed two sessions. Nevertheless, I now have the tools I need to meditate, slowly calm my nervous system and improve my health. It has been very worthwhile and I’m very happy I took part in the course. My pain, stress, energy and sleep patterns have all improved significantly. Thank you for allowing me to do the makeup sessions that I missed in the upcoming June course.
Erin nurse Doreen
Great! Thank you. I am feeling the transformation.
Edwina hairdresser Kew
This is the first meditation course that has allowed me to move away from guided meditation to self-guided. Great experience.
Nimrod, Project Manager, St Kilda.
I have learnt that I can now be in control of my pain and have learnt by simply sitting still I can lower my cortisol levels and stress that I’ve lived with for a lifetime. Thank you for everything. My pain is 60% less. There has been a substantial change and reduction in my stress.
Amy speech therapy Yarraville
Feedback from the November 2016 Course
This is the first meditation course that has allowed me to move away from guided meditation to self-guided. Great experience.
Nimrod, Project Manager, St Kilda.
The group energy in the room always motivated me to put in 100% each session.
Michael, Student,Vermont South.
It took me until the last session to become an A+ student in meditation. I found all the information extremely informative and relevant. I cannot wait to continue my journey in meditation.
Courtney, Health Coach,St Kilda.
This course was far clearer and more helpful than trying to learn to meditate from a book.
John, Medical Practitioner, Melbourne.
I was suffering from a lot of stress and anxiety. The course has shown me how to be calmer. In terms of benefit I rate this course 10/10.
Meditation has taught me how to control negative feelings.
Ken, Customer Service, Collingwood.
As the course progressed it became more enjoyable and rewarding. The course helped me physically and emotionally. I’m looking forward to experiencing a continued benefit and peace.
llyke, Mother, East Melbourne.
During this course I found my happiness again.
Kate, Home Duties, Fairfield.
This course has shown me how to nurture myself. I have found meditation to be a great calming technique.
Sue, Sales ,St Kilda.
I found this course to be very beneficial. I’ve learnt that meditation is an experience which needs to be learned and like catching a ball one must practice and train the body and the mind to work in sync without interruption or second thought.
David, Soldier, Somerville.
The group meditations were amazing for their stillness.
Val, Pastoral Worker, Ballarat.
I am a regular meditator of several years yet I still found the information interesting and new.
Irene, Retired, Bentleigh.
I found the course to be really helpful to manage my stress and pain. This is the second time I’ve done the course and have been able to better integrate
meditation into my everyday life.
This course has opened my mind to a whole new world. It has given me a positive insight into setting aside time to focus on my inner self.
Howard ,Project manager. Vermont.
My pain levels are beginning to improve
I like how the course is structured, gaining knowledge/theory/practical techniques/opportunity to practice and to learn how to stretch the body.
Bev, secretary , Malvern
I have really enjoyed the course. I have loved the learning that takes place, the reflection and the experience of being in a group. Initially I thought a group might be intimidating but it turned out to be a very positive experience.
Anna, teacher Park Ochards
I’m so sorry this course has come to an end!
Elizabeth, retired teacher Glen Iris
I came to the course with no expectations at all, mainly to support my son. I will leave the course with a greater understanding of the power of the mind.
Jo, bookkeeper, Vermont
Thank you. This was the second time I did the course and I found it just as beneficial as the first. It has been very impactful for my stress.
Chloe, volunteer coordinator, Clifton Hill
Feedback from the July 2016 Course
At the end of the course participants were invited to rate the course from 0 to 10.
Zero meaning not at all beneficial and 10 extremely beneficial.
95% of the participants rated the course greater than 7/10.
80% of the participants gave the course either 9/10 or 10/10.
I have really enjoyed the course. It was the perfect introduction to meditation. My sleep, pain and stress levels are all significantly improved. Thank you so much for the course. I’ll be sure to recommend it to everyone.
Zoe public relations, South Yarra
I have found peace especially during the course. The quietness and stillness has been beneficial. I rate this course is 10 out of 10. My sleep has improved significantly.
Maria retired ,Brighton
I have learn so much from this course. So beneficial. Score 10/10 :
Extremenly Interesting. I learnt a lot and found the science taught to be fascinating.
Score 8/10 : Johanna, Malvern.
Thank you for a great course. I really enjoyed learning about the different types of meditation and mindfulness. It was great having the between session email support.
Lisa administration ,Forest Hill
This was a new and different approach to managing my ongoing pain when all other approaches and medications have failed.
John retired ,Caulfield.
The course has strongly emphasised the value of meditation from a health point of view. The research evidence presented was inspiring.
Caroline mother ,Armadale.
This course has been extremely beneficial. There has been a significant reduction in my stress. I have noticed I am more patient. Great success in using meditation to improve sleep.
Emma business development specialist, Kensington
After each session I left feeling very light and relaxed. My sleep is improved and I have less stress.
Leone mum, Brighton
This course has been extremely beneficial. I’m now able to switch off at the end of the day. I feel refreshed after meditation. I had more energy, my pain is less, sleep is improved and I’m less stressed.
Julie Cafe owner, Brighton
After only a few meditation sessions I realise that my pain had gone away. Quite amazing. I have previously had many years of struggle effort and pain. This course has been extremely beneficial.
All the inspiration and encouragement received during these last 5 weeks has change my life for the better. I’m so grateful and empowered. I have less pain, improved sleep, less stress and more energy.
Claire, holistic healer musician, Saint Kilda
This is the third time I’ve done the course. I find it really inspired me every time giving me fresh perspective and allowing me to reset my sail and life’s course. Brilliant! My pain is less and sleep has improved.
Amanda coach, Brighton
This course in meditation has been unique and comprehensive>
Helen retired nurse ,Malvern East
Great Course -2nd time I have done it. It has taught me how to persevere.
Chris CFO Canterburry
I loved this course. I drive one hour each way to get here. I feel diffrerent and want to experience more of this. This has been a gentle,informative and hugely expanding time.
Annie Retired teacher Upper Beaconsfield
Feedback from the recent October 2015 Course
This is what they said.
At the end of the course participants were invited to rate the course from 0 to 10.
Zero meaning not at all beneficial and 10 extremely beneficial.
100% of the participants rated the course greater than 7/10.
82% of the participants gave the course either 9/10 or 10/10.
- I just wanted to say a big thank you for the kindness and support throughout the More than Meditation course. My father suggested that I take your course after I was diagnosed with an eating disorder at the start of this year. I have been battling with my mind and body for a while now, as well as having a large university workload and 3 part-time jobs. I often find myself getting overwhelmed with my busy schedule and it is really special to be able to find a short period of peace for 10 minutes every day now. I know that meditation will not fix all of my problems, but it is an amazing skill to have in times of stress. Previously when I would get overwhelmed, I would resort to disordered eating behaviours such as bingeing, restricting my food or over-exercising in an attempt to make myself feel better. Lately I have been able to meditate when I feel overwhelmed, rather than engaging in those self-destructive behaviours. Thank you for helping me to develop this invaluable skill. I am sure it will be an important adjunct to my ongoing recovery.
- I have had a significant change in my sleep. I started to sleep through the night without that 3:30 AM internal wake-up call. Thank you
- I was hesitant at first! As the weeks passed I have noticed a big change. My stress levels have reduced. I have noticed a significant change in my energy.
- I am an emergency nurse with high stress. I have found it hard to switch off. The practice of meditation has allowed me to relax and decrease my anxiety while being mindful of my actions and reactions.
- The course brings together the best of the meditation techniques and insights.
- The most important thing I’ve gained from this experience is being in the incredible positive energy of Bill, Katie and Daniel.
This energy will power my desire for meditation well until the future.
- It was fantastic to come back and do the course a second time. I learned more and cemented the knowledge I currently have.
- Well done on a very well presented course delivered with passion and enthusiasm and a great sense of humour.
- I was always been resistant to meditation, for no specific reason, other than my own stubbornness and ego.
In reflection, I see this as a piece of the puzzle that has in essence save my life.
- This course gave me more than I could have imagined. I feel like I was stuck, I feel like I have taken back my life with both hands I’m happy kind aware rest calm and pain-free. The course has given me a whole new pathway in my life. Thank you
- I initially didn’t think that meditation was for me but after attending the course I can now see that everybody can benefit from meditation.
- This course has taught me to slow down, be still and not judge myself and the thoughts I have, just observe and be still.
- This is the third time I’ve done the course. I feel I have grown so much with each course.
More Than Meditation Course Feedback from the July/Aug 2015 Course
Our participants were asked, on the last night of the Course to rate how beneficial they had found it,
where a rating of 1 = “not at all beneficial” and 10 = “extremely beneficial”.
32% gave the course a rating of 10/10
39% gave the course a rating of 9/10
19% gave the course a rating of 8/10
10% gave the course a rating 7/10
one participant rated the course as 6/10 which was the lowest rating received.
70% of participants attending the course provided their feedback at the end of the course
(providing their name and details was optional).
Here are some examples of what they discovered :
This course has been profoundly moving and inspiring . I’ve become more attentive to the “now”. I am developing a calmness and I believe that I have the answer to moving forward in a more productive manner . (I have been in a very self-destructive hole).
Score 10/10 : Karen, Nurse, Blairgowrie, Vic.
I have learn so much from this course.
Score 10/10 : annonymous
This course has helped me understand more about how clearing the mind of thoughts and observing thoughts are key to meditation. This has helped me to relax, be more considered and enjoy interactions. And concentrate more effectively. I’m feeling more peaceful and happy.
Score 10/10 : Rosie, Consultant, Hawthorn, Vic.
I have found that developing a regular meditation practice has helped me greatly in dealing with life stresses. I have noticed a gradual decrease in anxiety symptoms with a feeling of not being hyped up so much.
Score 10/10 : Julianne, Administrator, Elwood,Vic.
I have noticed a marked change in my temperament. Now, nothing seems as serious, stressful, anxious and angry than I would have made it previously. The course has opened my eyes to the benefit of being mindful and how our thoughts put stress on our lives.
Score 9/10 : Helen, Consultant, Bentleigh, Vic.
I came to this course in support of my wife with a sceptical outlook and came away wanting to embrace this experience of meditation and continuing learning and practising more.
Score 9/10 : Bradley, Business Development Manager, Vermont, Vic.
I am sleeping better, my anxiety is lowered and fatigue levels have declined. I was apprehensive about beginning this course, but couldn’t be more impressed with the results.
Score 9/10 : Serena, Student, Brunswick, Vic.
Assisted in reducing anxiety and pain control . As a chronic pain sufferer for many years this has provided a tool for managing the pain and hopefully over time will reduce this completely.
Score 8/10 : Mark, Sales Manager, Glen Waverley, Vic.
The Course makes it very easy for beginners. No expectations, no pressure – a very open, real, honest journey. Highly practical.
Score 6/10 : Anonymous
well structured – content so informative. Positive! Positive! Positive!
Score 10/10 : Tricia, Retired, Brighton.
In Summary :
Learning to understand and train our own minds to bring about beneficial change is becoming increasingly important as we continue to live in a demanding, modern, diverse and fast-paced world where a lot of us feel that we are losing the direction and control we want.
The More Than Meditation Course continues to create a non-demanding, gently-guided route to discovering how we can change our lives beneficially – beginning with ourselves.
Feedback following the February, 2015 Course.
I have just completed the six-week meditation course. I still haven’t seen the light with meditation, I’m sticking with it waiting for the day when I will. I have meditated every day and will continues. I consider this course has been mostly beneficial because it has made me realise that I can take control
of my life-my mind and not staying a victim to my fibromyalgia and sleeping problems and stress. I am doing something for myself and that only I can do. I’ve learned the importance of investing my own well-being. Enough said, hopefully meditation will start to come naturally soon. I’m going to give it a good go.
Thank you for this course.
Lynn, Nanny Brighton
I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for the many things I learnt in your course, both about meditation and about myself.
You may not know, but a friend brought me along to the course, and honestly, if I had been asked 2 months ago, I would not have considered meditation for me. I am very grateful that she encouraged me to come because I have learnt so much about managing my day to day occurrences, stress and even pain – it has been an eye opening experience.
I am still travelling to the power of 50 ( one element of the course ), but aspire to the power of 100.
Thank you again for your encouragement and never failing optimism that we are not failing, but still travelling in our meditation journey.
Feedback following the October, 2014 and February, 2015 Course.
I have finally got in to a sleep pattern after years of late nights and and late mornings. Leanne service manager, Pakenham
It was so great to learn and understand the real basics of meditation practice. My Sleep quality pain and stress levels are much improved.
Mardi. Art therapist. North Fitzroy.
I’m definitely feeling more energetic and sleeping better. My pain is much less. I’m sorry that the course has come to an end so quickly.
Karen. Pathology Nurse. Lower Plenty
After five years of disrupted sleep, I am now able to focus, ignore my thoughts,self talk and worries and go back to sleep Yes!
Jane, Art teacher Vermont
Great Course – Great Teachers
I now have an appreciation of what meditation and being in the moment is.
Ian. Engineer. Gisborn
This course helped me find the most beneficial style of meditation that suits me. There ha sbeen a significant change in my sleep and pain.
Wendy Nurse consultant, Warrandyte
Life changing! May sound extreme but the course has jolted me out of ‘thngs will always be the same”.
Amanda career coach, Brighton
This course has got me back into the practice of meditation. Bill is a great teacher. I have less pain. My stress levels are better and I have more energy. I am more accepting of where I am at.
Kate. risk manager. West Footscray
The course was a first introduction to medication for me. It was insightful.
Thank you to all involved ,
David. Retired, Caulfield
This course was extremely beneficial. It was different to what I expected it would be and at the midpoint I wondered whether it was not what I was looking for.
However I then noticed that my meditation practice started to improve and I now meditate every morning without fail. This is what I was hoping for and this is what I achieved thank you so much. My pain, stress and energy is also much better!!
Tess. nurse. Preston
This course has been an amazing journey. Bill, what a fantastic facilitator! Your knowledge and humour made each week a real treat! And gift!.
A special thank you to Katie for greeting us each week warmly and welcoming. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I have achieved significant improvement in sleep, energy levels and diminished pain.
Sharon. Warehouse Manager. Bentleigh.
Thank you for bringing some peace, comfort, warmth, compassion, bliss, waiting, insightfulness and awareness into my life. I will never forget it.
Linda, Psychologist. Caulfield
It feels great to be more in control. Thanks for a great course!
Noni. Occupational Therapist, North Fitzroy
I would just like to say thank you for all the hard work, instruction and care which Bill, Daniel, Katie and Bev have put into the meditation course. I have found it has inspired me to restart my meditation practice with a committment to me to help manage my fibromyalgia.
Leanne. Glen Iris.
I recomend this course without reservation.
W. dentist, Armadale
I gained more from this course personally than I thought I would and I am determined to continue to learn and to practice. Compared to 6 weeks ago there has been significant change in my sleep, stress and energy levels
Rosan. Physiotherapist. Hampton.
I rate this course 10 out of 10. It felt so good have some relief from my anxiety. I now look forward to the daily practice and each week to the class. The benefits have been immense
Leigh. Recruitment manager. Mentone
I wish I had done this course years ago. I would not hesitate to recommend this course to anyone. The instruction is very professional.
George, Solicitor, Mcrae
This course has given me a new dimension for coping with stress that comes from a busy lifestyle
Kelly, Healthpromotion, Blackburn.
Reduced Pain – More Energy
I was able to reduce my pain experience and anxiety significantly.
Chris, nurse Bentleigh.
I feel like I’ve discovered a whole new world of energy. This was my first time ever and I was so overwhelmed with what I’ve experienced during sessions.
My pain is less. I sleep better than six weeks ago and I’m a lot happier. Thank you so much for your help.
Heesun Disability employment services. Highett.
This course has made me more thoughtful, more energised and nicer than I could have imagined possible. My health issue was fatigue and there has been a significant improvement in my energy level.
Hannah. Student. Geelong.
Learning to focus on my breathing has eased my pain. The course has helped me give up smoking.
Elizabeth. Public servant. Altona Meadows