Dr Daniel Lewis MBBS, FRACP, FASLM is an experienced Rheumatologist (bone, joint and arthritis specialist) , General and Pain Physician and a Specialist in Lifestyle Medicine. His expertise includes the diagnosis and management of rheumatological disorders such as:
- Arthritis including osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, ankylosing spondylitis and psoriatic arthritis
- Fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome ( ME/CFS)
- Chronic pain management and rehabilitation
- Spinal and all other musculoskeletal pain conditions
- Work-related and sporting injuriesHis passion is integrating balanced lifestyle practices into the mainstream management of bone, joint and arthritis-related disorders
- He is a Fellow of the Australian College of Physicians
- He is a member of the Australian Rheumatology Association, The Australian Pain Society and the International Association for the Study of Pain.
- He is an inaugural Fellow of the Australian College of Lifestyle Medicine.
- He is a member of the government-appointed, Victorian Workcover Authority Medical Panels and a WorkSafew Independent Medical Examiner.
- He is a medical adviser to Dragon Claw, an organisation dedicated to assisting patients and their families.
- He is a medical adviser to Emerge, an organisation dedicated to raising the awareness of CFS/ME and supporting individuals with this condition.
- He is a Past President of Arthritis and Osteoporosis Victoria (now called Musculoskeletal Australia}.
- He was the co-director of the Deakin University Integrative Health Research Unit formed in 2007.
Daniel Lewis Rheumatology Centre
The Daniel Lewis Rheumatology Centre is dedicated to providing whole-person care and treatment covering the whole spectrum of muscle, bone, joint and immune disorders.
To make an appointment click here.