What is sleep
Worried About Sleeping?
The majority of the population will experience insomnia at least occasionally. There are different types of insomnia and some people require specialist care and diagnosis.
Regardless of the cause most people can find relief through the following sleep hygene strategies.
- Be active during the day. Regular exercise is great for improving the quality of sleep. The more energy you expend during the day, the sleepier you will feel at bedtime.
- Reduce or eliminate your intake of caffeine, stimulants and alcohol. Even when consumed early in the day, these can affect sleep.
- Avoid large meals late in the evening.
- Learn and practice a relaxation technique regularly: Breathing exercises, meditation and yoga are good examples.
- Don’t obsess about not sleeping. Occasional sleeplessness is part of every life, and does not represent a hazard to health.