It is possible to reduce stress in just 30 seconds and this is one of the first things people learn when they take part in our More Than Meditation course.
Learning how to develop the relaxation response anywhere and at anytime in order to maintain balance and harmony in the systems of the body reverses the stress induced symptoms of fatigue and increased pain.
Achieving a state of brain chemistry balance leads to enhanced health and wellbeing on a physical, mental and emotional levels.
Sudden Stress is the body’s natural response to danger. It is a good response. We all have stress. The problem begins when we have persistent stress. Sustained ( chronic) stress is toxic causing a build up of chemicals which harm all body tissues.
Although the process of meditation is natural, having some guidance and instruction accelerates the process of achieving a meditative state and what follows is reduced stress.
The More Than Meditation- a course over 5 weeks is much more than sitting still …
The More Than Meditation Course – more than just sitting …
One night per week for 5 weeks.
Now in its 15th year! Register for the next course here.
Experienced teachers with decades of meditation experience :
Bill Patterson : Hypnotherapist and psychotherapist, meditation teacher
Kati Patterson: Meditation teacher, yoga teacher
Bev Lewis : Hypnotherapist and psychotherapist, meditation teacher
Daniel Lewis : Physician, rheumatologist, musculoskeletal pain specialist,
Fellow of the Australian College Lifestyle Medicine, meditation teacher.
Who is the Course for?
The 5 week MORE Than Meditation Course is for beginners and experienced meditators alike.
It is a secular course based on the understandings from neuroscience.
It is designed to enable you to establish a regular, sustainable and enjoyable meditation practice so you can:
- STRESS LESS: by lowering stress hormones and activating the relaxation response.
- Experience PAIN REDUCTION: by modifying or even resolving chronic pain conditions.
- CONTROL ANXIETY: by guiding awareness and reducing the impact of negative thoughts.
- REDUCE FATIGUE: by replenishing the body and calming the mind.
- IMPROVE SLEEP: by restoring natural sleep cycles
- Experience a more POSITIVE RELATIONSHIP with yourself and others.
- Find INNER PEACE and deal with life’s challenges with more ease.
What you can expect in this Course ?
- A group experience which facilitates a deeper level of meditation.
- Support during and between sessions.
- Experiential learning with a range of different meditation approaches.
- To learn strategies to overcome obstacles to daily meditation.
- To use time management to prioritising your valuable time.
- To train your constantly thinking mind to experience stillness.
- To be guided into a weekly schedule of practice.
- Access to the science of meditation via our online library of articles.
- Learning and enjoyment as you become a confident meditator.
Importantly, this Course includes specifically designed Pain Meditation modules for the self-management of physical and/ or emotional pain.
Are you interested in the feedback from previous participants ?
The majority of participants have found that the Course has had profound effects on their quality of life across many domains.
Here is a link to read what participants have said about the course.
One participant wrote
Dear Bill, Bev, Daniel and Kati,
My practice is going well thanks. I have managed to meditate for 12 minutes on Friday and today. The pre meditation “warm up” exercises taught using the senses has helped me focus just so much more, and I am reading the information on the website. I enjoyed last Thursday night. I feel being with the group is a great experience. The sense of stillness is amazing. I seem to feel calm and not so agitated which I think is helping me cope with the pain. Looking forward to next Thursday night.
Book now to reserve your place in next Course:
Online with MasterCard or Visa.
Or call Tina during office hours on 9534 9495
Standard industry cancellation fees apply to all bookings.
All cancellations must be notified via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Up to to 7 days prior to the course – Course tuition will be refunded minus a $55 ( inc GST) administration fee.
Less than 7 days notice of cancellation 50% of the tuition fee is non refundable.
After the course commences 100% of total price non refundable.
All tariffs subject to change.
Please take careful note of the dates, time and location of your course as there is no refund for missed sessions.
We reserve the right to cancel a course if a minimum number of participants have not registered one week prior to the course commencement.
If we cancel, postpone or alter the time or location of a course, we undertake to refund the course tuition fee in full if you do not wish to maintain your course reservation.