“Healthspan, in its most distilled form, is about preserving three elements of life as long as possible:
- Brain—namely, how long can you preserve cognition (i.e., executive function, processing speed, short-term memory)
- Body—specifically, how long can you maintain muscle mass, functional movement and strength, flexibility, and freedom from pain.
- “Spirit”—how robust is your social support network and your sense of purpose. “
This comment is attributed to Dr Peter Attia,
Most people seek information from friends or Dr Google – doing this without discernment is a recipe for unnecessary stress and anxiety. We forget that the internet is a marketplace and that most knowledge is placed there by sales and marketing people.
Our recipe for healthy ageing includes these rules for gathering knowledge:
- Choose a qualified and experienced guide to get you to where you want to go.
- Focus on quality and not quantity.
- Be persistent and patient.
- Know that you cannot manage it if you cannot measure it.